This is a matter of great pride and honour for me that I have been chosen as the Secretary, APG India, the coveted post previously graced by a number of renowned stalwarts of geo-scientific community. It will be prudent to mention that I shall remain active flag bearer of the esteemed organization and would like to enhance the gamut of geoscientific activities including sharing of knowledge and experiences through interactive physical and virtual platforms.
I have started my journey with a positive frame of mind and has already chalked out my plan of action for the next 2 years keeping in view of improving both functional and administrative architecture of the organization through involvement, dissemination and percolation of knowledge and experiences.
I would love to share that the agenda that would be given topmost priority for execution during my tenure are as follows:
- Amendment of MOA
- Membership roll reconciliation
- Successful conduct of Geo India 2022 conference
- Transparency and greater involvement of regional chapters by providing them requisite support from Central Executive Body.
- Increased participation of student chapters for germinating out of box ideas and effective implementation in business decisions.
- Frequent Academia –industry collaboration in order to impart knowledge on recent geoscientific developments to young industry professionals for efficient career growth.
It is needless to say that the aforesaid plan of work would only be successful with active participation, support and involvement of all the members of APG India and I request you all to come forward and be the partner in my endeavour to make APG India a world class geo-scientific organization.
Shri. Jayanta Sarkar
Secretary, APG India