The Association of Petroleum Geologist is a registered, non-profit organization of persons concerned with professional applications of the geological science.
The association has five categories of members Life, Active, Honorary, Student and Associates.
Our Aims and Objectives
- Advancement of the science of geology especially as it relates to petroleum, natural gas, other subsurface fluids and mineral resources.
- Identification & Promotion of technology in exploration for finding and producing these materials in an economically and environmentally sound manner.
- Fostering the spirits of scientific research through its members.
- Disseminating information relating to the geology and associated technology of petroleum, natural gas, other subsurface fluids and mineral resources.
- Inspiring and maintaining high standards of professional conduct on the part of its members.
- Providing the public with means to recognise adequately trained and professionally responsible geologists; and advancement of the professional well being of members.
- Geology is a profession, and the previlege of professional practice requires professional morality and professional responsibility.
- Honesty, integrity, loyalty, fairness, impartiality, candour, fidelity to trust and inviolablity of confidence are incumbent upon every member as professional obligations.
Governance of the association is vested with two bodies:
- Advisory Council : An advisory body to the executive committee on all matters involving long range planning, honours, awards, ethics, discipline and constitutional review.
- Executive Committee : A twelve member executive committee exercises general executive control and management of the affairs of the association.